From the very start, the association has been active, particularly toward the second objective of its mandate. Among its major achievements, let’s note the following :
- regular publication of a newsletter, le Trait d’union. Sixty-four issues have been published from October 1993 to October 2014. This bulletin contains a great deal of often original information;
- unveiling of a commemorative plaque in Longueuil in honor of our ancestors Pierre Charron and Catherine Pillard (2007);
- publication of a book about our Charron ancestors of Meaux, including dozens of acts and contracts from 1491 to 1684 (2009);
- publication of a series of four books about the descendants of Pierre Charron and Catherine Pillard (2008, 2013 and 2015).
- unvelling of a commemorative plaque in honor of our ancestor Pierre Charron in his native city of Meaux, September 17, 2011.
- commemoration of the arrival in Nouvelle France of our ancestor Catherine Pillard, a Fille du Roy. A joint organization with 2 other family associations.(2013)
The association has several projects in progress of which the most notable are :
- publication of a compendium of notarized acts and contracts of our families in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries (in preparation);
- unveiling of a commemorative plaque in honor of Ftançois Charron dit Ducharme, the first Charron to use that name